The benefits of therapy are limitless. Whether you are looking for support on a specific problem or desire a space in which to explore thoughts and behaviors that no longer serve you; working with a therapist can transform your life. Depending upon your specific needs, sessions take place weekly, bi-weekly or monthly as well in person or via phone.
Evolve clinicians specialize in the following:
The Process of Therapy
Once you and your therapist determine your goals for therapy, a treatment plan will be formulated identifying what tools and techniques the therapist will be using to bring about the changes you wish to make. Evolve clinicians primarily use a combination of the following therapeutic techniques:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do. It is based on the idea that our thoughts cause our feelings and behaviors, not external things, like people, situations, and events. The benefit of this fact is that we can change the way we think to feel/act better even if the situation does not change. It is considered among the most rapid therapeutic treatment modalities in terms of results obtained.
- Family Systems is based on the idea that individuals are best understood through assessing the entire family. Symptoms in individuals are seen as expressions of dysfunctions. The family is an interactional unit and a change in one member effects all members.
- The Humanistic method takes a positive view of human nature and emphasizes the uniqueness of the individual. Through this tradition, we will explore the nature of creativity, love, and self-actualization; helping you to realize your potential through change and self-directed growth.
At Evolve, we believe that a positive, trusting and mutually respectful relationship with our clients is of the utmost importance.
Research studies have illustrated that the greatest cause of a client’s success in therapy is due to the relationship between the therapist and client. Below are six key findings in over ninety studies of psychotherapy demonstrating the importance of therapist qualities.
- Therapists who provide empathy have a better outcome.
- Therapists who work toward a consensus and agreed upon set of goals with clients have a better outcome.
- Therapists who are warm towards their clients without conditions have a better outcome.
- Therapists willing to share of their lives and are genuine have a better outcome.
- Therapists who provide consistent feedback are more successful.
- Therapists willing to accept responsibility in part when things do not go as planned have better outcome.
To make sure we are meeting the needs of our clients, we send an anonymous questionnaire asking them to rate their experience at the start and end of their treatment. You can see the results here.