My goal is to give education and counseling to individuals and families who are struggling with eating and feeding. As an adult, you may feel worried about your diet or weight and not know how to feed yourself without a diet. You may feel confused about eating and struggling to know what, how, when, or where to eat. I work with clients struggling with disordered eating, ARFID, binge eating, anorexia, orthorexia, and bulimia. And with clients who have dieted and don’t know how to eat if they are not on a diet.
Are you worried about your child’s diet? Are you concerned they may be too big or too small? Or maybe you are simply worried about the healthfulness of what they are eating and don’t know what to do. I work with families with children as young as toddlers and with adults of all ages.
Often, we feel ashamed of our eating and don’t know what to do. When we work together, you will learn to feel pride in your growing abilities to feed yourself and/or your family.
How I work
I will teach you how to think and feel differently about how and what you are eating. You will learn how to provide regular meals and snacks for yourself. From there you will learn how to eat those meals and snacks with focus and confidence in your growing skills.
I will work with your schedule and preferences to help move you and/or your family to a place where you feel confident about food and eating. Work we will do can range anywhere from making meals happen to interpreting health and food information. Each step of the way is designed to build trust in yourself and/or your child.
I want everyone to be able to find joy in eating. I want you to have meals that you love without feeling guilt, to strive towards progress vs perfection when it comes to meal planning, and to practice eating a variety of foods. I feel deep sadness that people struggle with food and feel like they are failing when it comes to food and eating. I want to be a part of the shift from dread, fear, and guilt about food to joy, excitement, and ease concerning food and eating.
License & Education
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.), 990811
- MB-EAT certified (Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training)
- Ellyn Satter Institute Affiliate
- Certified Intuitive Eating Dietitian
- Certified Meditation Instructor from Open Heart Meditation Project
- Master of Public Health, Nutrition, Loma Linda University, CA
- Bachelor of Arts, Global Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
Training & Experience
- 2008 – 2019 Desert Regional Medical Center Comprehensive Cancer Center, Palm Springs, CA,
- 2016 – 2020 Private Practice, Palm Springs, CA, Registered Dietitian
- 2019 Weight Neutral 4 Diabetes Online Symposium, Presenter